After gaining various qualifications, I set up my own complementary therapy business in England in 2006. I steadily grew my client base and knowledge until I was able to give up my job as a chef in 2014 and become a full-time therapist.
I have a thirst for knowledge in my field and I complete a training course every year as part of my professional development. In 2012, I was lucky enough to travel to Asia to attend the Wat Po Thai Massage School.
Most recently, I became a trained ScarWork therapist. This exciting new therapy has produced outstanding results in patients, and I am delighted to be able to offer it to my clients.
In 2019, I moved from south east England back home to Cahir to help look after a relative. I feel incredibly fortunate to be a member of a dynamic and talented group of professionals at the Sukha Wellness Centre, where we offer a wide range of treatments including physiotherapy, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, yoga and nutrition advice.
I also enjoy treating clients in the comfort of their own homes. Therapy at home often works well for elderly and less able clients.
I am a member of the Association of Physical & Natural Therapists (APNT) and the British Complementary Medicine Association. I am also fully insured under Balens Insurance Services.
My qualifications include:
- Certificate in Sharon Wheeler scarwork - 2019
- Certificate in working with pregnant clients - 2017
- Three International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC) Diplomas in Swedish Massage, Relexology and Traditional Thai Massage
- Association of Physical & Natural Therapists (APNT) Diploma in Sports Injury and Massage, (BCMA)
- Certificates in Deep Tissue Massage, Common Back and neck problems, trigger points, ear candling therapy, soft tissue release, seated chair massage, hot stone massage and warm bamboo massage
- Levels 1, 2 and 3 Certificates in Integrated Myofascial Release
- Wat Po Certificate in General Thai Massage